What is more integral to the well-being of the alpinist, the wood-folk, the sun and breeze seeker than being outside! We toil in the bouldering cave and yoga studio to strength our bodies. We count down the days tills those blessed few times a year where we can break out from the confines of our lab/dungeon or office/lair to lick the sea from our lips and breathe the mountain air. We dream of diving deep and climbing high. And then, the weekend comes and we're off! Free to seek our geographic muse...
Or at least we would, if not the the darned reality of logistics. Full campsites, crowded beaches, broken gear and late starts.
FEAR NOT INTREPID ADVENTURER! The Caltech Alpine Club is here to take you away!
Several times a year, the Caltech Alpine Club will go on longer, larger trips, usually to popular outdoor destinations with a variety of activities possible in the locale. Previous years have included trips to:
- Bishop, CA: Home to mountaineering, rock climbing, skiing and all the splendor that the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains have to offer.
- Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas, NV: An outdoor mecca with incredible hiking and rock climbing.
- Joshua Tree: The perennial SoCal favorite. Hiking and climbing galore!
- New Melones Lake, CA: Lakeside campgrounds offering easy access to the foothills of the Central Sierras and Yosemite.
- Lake Tahoe, CA: Swimming, skiing, hiking, biking, rock climbing. Need I explain?
The Caltech Alpine Club will choose the place and time, provide campsites, and help connect club members with transportation and activities. We'll also help connect club members with each other, so that no one has to summit that.... summit alone.
And for those who prefer a more meditative experience, you can come relax with me, choice beverage in one hand and fire-poker in the other (burn restrictions non-withstanding) and simply soak in the away of it all.
See you in wild!